Creamed Cauliflower Rice
Updated: Jan 19
When you're craving carbs, this is the perfect side dish.
By Keto for People - Watch me make this on YouTube
1. 10 oz cauliflower rice
2. ¾ cup heavy cream
3. 2 tbsp salted butter
3. ⅛ tsp. salt (pink Himalayan or sea salt)
4. ¼ tsp. black Pepper, freshly ground
4. 1 tsp. garlic powder
5. ¼ tsp. onion powder
6. 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder (optional) - I use Harmonized Fermented Vegan Protein powder, Unflavoured by Progressive
7. 1 oz. Monterey Jack cheese with Jalapeno by Faith Farms, shredded (or another yummy melty cheese)
1. Combine riced cauliflower and heavy cream. Cover and bring to a light boil.
2. Add half of the butter. Leave the lid off and continually stir to reduce, about five minutes.
3. Stir in the other half of the butter, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and protein powder (optional). Reduce until the texture of creamy mashed potatoes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Enjoy!
Nutritional info (1 portion - 3 oz)
Total calories: 274.3
Total carbs: 3g