By Keto for People
Who doesn't love a good, flaky biscuit? I know I do! These have a basic ketogenic, gluten-free base that you can start with and then play around with added ingredients to jazz it up.
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. salted butter, melted
Optional add ins:
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. herbs (whatever you like!)
2 oz. cheddar cheese, divided (I like to mix in 1.5 oz cheese and then sprinkle the remainder on top)
1. Preheat oven to 177 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. Sift coconut flour and baking soda together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Melt butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Add in eggs and mix well.
4. If using optional ingredients, mix in.
5. Measure out 1/4 cup-sized portions onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 mins or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a biscuit comes out clean.
Nutritional information (for one PLAIN biscuit - recipe yields 6. If you are using add-ins, you will have to calculate nutritional info for additions. I don't know your life)!
Net calories: 267
Net carbs: 5g