Keto Chicken Enchiladas
Adapted from Carb Manager
I made these delicious, ketogenic-friendly chicken enchiladas last night and they were absolutely amazing! I know this recipe looks long and complicated but I promise it's really easy! This recipe is everything you want in a homemade Mexican keto dish - minus the tortillas. They're low carb, gluten free, the whole bit.
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder (divided)
1 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. paprika (I like smoked paprika, but regular works)
1/3 c. water
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, shredded
1 c. riced cauliflower
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C)
2. Add olive oil to a skillet heated to medium high. Add chicken breast to pan, seasoning one side with half of the salt, garlic powder, and first amount of chili powder. Cook 2 minutes, then flip, season with other half of first seasonings, and cook another 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for about one minute.
4. Add second amount of chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika and mix together. Cook for another 30 seconds, then add the tomato sauce, water, ACV and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened a bit.
5. If the pan you've cooked the chicken in is large enough and oven safe, move the chicken to one side of the pan and add the riced cauliflower to the other side. If it's not, add the chicken to a large, oven-safe dish like a Pyrex baking dish or a dutch oven and add the cauliflower to the other side of the dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken only and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken evenly and bake for another 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cilantro.
Nutritional Info (1 serving = 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the cauliflower)
Net calories: 377
Net carbs: 5g