Keto Goat Cheese and Mushroom Fritattas
A little prep beforehand means you'll have an easy, tasty ketogenic breakfast for days! (Or a really, REALLY big breakfast of fritattas once for your family, or just yourself. I don't judge).
3 oz. fresh spinach
1 oz. red onion, chopped
4 oz. goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Half a yellow pepper, chopped
2 large mushrooms, chopped
5 grape tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. butter or oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Crack eggs into mixing bowl and whisk. Grate or crumble cheese and add to mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add oil or butter in a skillet. Sauté onions until translucent, then add peppers and mushrooms. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add spinach and tomatoes to pan and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
5. add the cooked veggies to the bowl with the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the egg mixture into greased muffin tins.
7. Bake for 20 mins, or until the tops are golden brown and the egg cups don't jiggle in the middle when gently shook.
Nutritional info (per egg muffin - approx. 2.3 oz.)
Total calories: 287
Net carbs: 4g