Keto Raspberry Protein Smoothie
By Keto for People
For those of you who live in BC, you'll know that this past weekend definitely had us feeling the summer vibes. It was hot and sunny, which makes me absolutely crave fruit. Especially raspberries. There's something about raspberries that just scream summer and make me want to reach for my flip flops and sunscreen. This is an easy, protein-packed raspberry smoothie that you can enjoy at the river, the beach, on your deck, or wherever you plan to catch rays! Which I did not do in my photo because I made this smoothie at night. Talk about not taking your own advice! Oh well. It was still warm out last night anyway.
1/2 cup frozen raspberries (I like PC Organics Whole Red Raspberries (frozen)
3/4 cup milk of your choice (think nut milks or heavy whipping cream. Regular cow's milk contains a lot of sugar to make up for the flavour lost by stripping out the fat)
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
A couple of mint leaves (optional)
1. Add berries, milk of your choice, and coconut milk to blender. Blend thoroughly.
2. While the blender is running, add the protein powder in (prevents clumping).
3. Optional: if you don't like a lot of seeds, strain the smoothie through a fine wire mesh strainer.
4. Mint (optional): crush a couple of mint leaves between your fingers so they become fragrant. Serve on top of the smoothie to make it pretty!
5. Enjoy on a sunny patio with your feet up (like I didn't).
Net calories: 269
Net carbs: 8g