Keto Root Beer Pulled Pork
Updated: Apr 1
By Keto for People
Who doesn't love a good, sloppy portion of slow cooker pulled pork? This one gives you that sweetness you crave from BBQ sauce without the carbs and sugar. This ketogenic recipe is low carb, gluten free, and ready in 7 hours.
1. 1 kg. pork roast
2. 1 can Zevia Ginger Root Beer
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1. Place the roast in your slow cooker.
2. Pour the Zevia Ginger Root Beer over the roast. Sprinkle the seasonings over the roast.
3. Cook on low for 7 hours.
4. When cooked, remove the roast from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board.
5. Pour the remaining liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl. Set aside.
6. Shred the pork roast and return to the now-empty slow cooker.
7. Add back in 1/2 c. of the reserved liquid and the mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly.
8. Serve with fresh coleslaw. I added in some mozzarella cheese for some extra fat and protein. Enjoy! (Nutritional info at the end of the page).
Nutritional info (per serving - 5 oz.)
Net calories: 398
Net carbs: 1g