Low Carb, Gluten-Free Ketogenic Friendly Bread
Adapted from https://www.sugarfreemom.com/?s=flax+meal+bread
This low carb, gluten-free ketogenic friendly bread is great. Period. Awesome job, Sugar Free Mom! Also see my video where my friend Cynthea and I walk you through making two half-loaves.
Note: the recipe below makes one double loaf, so the size is more like traditional loaves.
olive oil spray
1.5 cup 100% whole ground golden flaxseed meal
1.5 cup almond flour or sesame flour- nut free option (my addition)
1.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp stevia
10 large eggs
2 Tbsp olive oil
Optional: 2 Tbsp dried herbs. Whatever kind you want!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 1-pound loaf pan with olive oil spray.
3. Add the flaxseed meal, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, stevia, and dried herbs (if using) in a large bowl. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the the eggs.
5. Add beaten eggs and the oil to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
6. Transfer to the oil loaf pan.
7. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the loaf is firm to the touch and the crust starts to brown. 8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Slice, wrap in parchment paper and store in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Nutritional Info (1 serving = 1.6 oz.)
Net calories: 74.3
Net carbs: 1g